Buy and finance pre-owned Cartier Tank Française watches online
Take a look around the Watchmaster online shop: numerous second-hand Cartier Tank Française models
await you – of course, all of them tested, refurbished and certified. If you would like advice on buying or financing
, simply contact our customer service.
Visual and technical features of the Tank Française
The Cartier Tank Française
enjoys great popularity with Tank lovers alongside the original. The characteristic tank design, which is inspired by British battle tanks, it is of course also retained in this variant. For example, the case is adorned with a two girder-like structure. Imitating the revolving caterpillar tracks, which simultaneously trace and extend the sides of the dial. Not only geometrically convincing – the detailed elaborated dial through the combination of square and rectangular shapes. The track-like minute display also adds to the unique design of the tank. Sword-like blued steel hands complete the unmistakable look of Tank Française
. Of course, the traditional roman numerals are also not missing in this variant – optionally at twelve o'clock, supplemented by punctiform indices all around continuous and aligned to the centre of the dial. On the side, the octagonal, beaded winding crown adorns this icon of modern watchmaking.
The main characteristic of the Tank Française is above all the seamless transition of the domed, centrally located in the bracelet housing in the elegant link chain bracelet
. Without breaking the lines, the components of the elegant watch, which is available as a choice in stainless steel or gold
, blend together. The result is a unique integrated bracelet look that completes the harmonious overall impression of the Tank Française. The extra-flat, narrow design
underlines the simple and elegant impression that is inherent in this Cartier series.
Visually neither intrusive nor showy, it is wearable every day. Not only does it combine technology and aesthetics, but it also creates a symbiosis between a stylish piece of jewellery and a practical timepiece. Whether as an everyday watch or as a fashion accessory – the CartierTank Française is wearable for any occasion and shines even as a used model while offering cheap prices at the same time.
An overview of pre-owned Tank Française models
Whether with automatic or quartz movement, made of steel or precious metal, with or without stones – there are also many variations within the series. Our Watchmaster online shop offers certified used Cartier Tank Française watches for only €2,000.
- The Tank Française W51008Q3 is equipped with a quartz movement and a steel case and bracelet with a triple folding clasp. It is a small model with a case size of 25 mm. The dial is white with Roman numerals. The steel crown is set with a spinel cabochon. With original box and papers, the model costs €2,350.
- The Tank Française W50002N2 has a yellow gold bracelet and case. The dial is silver. It is a model for women with a 19 mm case size and quartz movement. Such a model is available second-hand for about €5,300.
- The Tank Française W51005Q4 is a model with a 28 mm case and automatic movement. The case and the bezel are made of steel, the bracelet of steel and yellow gold with a steel triple folding clasp. There is a date display at six o'clock. The polygonal winding crown is made of yellow gold and set with a synthetic spinel cabochon. The dial is silver with Roman numerals. The price is around €3,100.
- The Tank Française W51002Q3 has a steel bezel, bracelet and 27 mm case. The dial is silver with Roman numerals and this model for men and women is equipped with automatic movement. Including box and papers, you can buy the Tank Française used from €2,230.
The history of the Tank Française
Inspired by the first published images of British assault tanks in World War I, Louis-François Cartier designed the first "Tank" watch
that became an icon of modern watchmaking. General John Pershing received the handmade prototype wristwatch in 1917 as a gift from the well-known Parisian jeweller in 1917, in gratitude for restoring peace in Europe with his armoured cars, known as tanks. The simple, clear forms he used in the design of the watch spring from the French "second Neoclassicism," which was a forerunner of the Art Deco, which was particularly popular in the 1920s. Objectivity and avant-garde style, which have always been a feature of Cartier's house, find their expression in the tank.
Cartier not only created an artistic gem with the Tank series
, but also revolutionised the watch world: With the functional and aesthetically pleasing wristwatch he replaced the common pocket watch
. Together with the famous watchmaker Edmond Jaeger, he designed a universal design that was extremely popular even then and became a major component of Cartier's watch assortment. In 1996, the Tank Française continued the series' success story by updating the classic in a modern way.
Other exciting Cartier series
- The Tank Solo offers the classic tank design in a variety of variations. Ideal for Tank beginners!
- The Santos was Cartier's gift to the Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos Dumont and, with its eye-catching screws and rounded corners, has since become a classic in the Cartier collection.
- The Panthère has been captivating women with their legendary design since 1980 – as a watch and as jewellery.