Buy IWC Pilot’s Watch Chronograph watches pre-owned, new and vintage
In the Watchmaster online shop, you will find a variety of certified pre-owned luxury watches, including exciting aviator watches from IWC, such as the Pilot's Watch Chronograph
. If you have decided on your new favourite watch model, we will gladly inform you about the next steps. Simply contact our customer service or inform yourself on our website. The purchase on watchmaster.com allows you to buy a high-quality IWC Pilot's Watch Chronograph at a low price
. It is possible to pay by credit card, PayPal or in convenient instalments.
An icon among the aviator watches
The IWC Pilot's Watch Chronograph
is characterized by a sporty and functional design
. The fact that hands and indices are offset with beige luminescent material makes the watch perfectly readable even under poor visibility conditions. The clearly laid out dial is designed in the iconic instrument look. Three sub-dials and the date display make the Pilot's Watch Chronograph a very functional watch
. The upper and lower dial are made for additional time measurement, the dial on the 9 o'clock position shows the seconds for continuous control of functionality. This second hand is on models of the current collection always kept red.
Stop- and Addition-time measurements of up to 12 hours are possible on more recent models through the 79320 calibre chronograph movement
. This movement is also optimal shielded, by a soft iron inner housing, against magnetic fields
. The IWC Pilot's Watch Chronograph is even resistant against other forces: It is waterproof up to 6 bar.
Visually, the watch remains true to the classic pilot's watches. The triangle at 12 o'clock, luminescent hands and indices as well as anti-slip crown make its look authentic. With the bracelet you have the choice: Whether leather, stainless steel or high-quality fabric (also known as nato-strap) – the Pilot's Watch Chronograph looks always elegant and sporty at the same time. Many special editions
complement the chronograph series. There is the Le Petit Prince Edition
with a blue dial, the Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Edition
with a brown dial and the 150 Years Edition
with a white dial.
By the way, the purchase of a used IWC Pilot's Chronograph
can be priced quite well: Since 1996, the resale value of the popular pilot's watch has increased by 20 % compared to the suggested retail price.
Models and Prices of IWC Pilot's Watch Chronograph at a glance
The IWC Pilot's Watch Chronograph
has been very popular since its presentation in 1994 and appears in ever-changing editions. Aviation watch fans can now choose between a wide range of models. Below is a selection:
- The Pilot's Watch Chronograph IW388001 comes with a ceramic case with a diameter of 46 mm. The black dial is provided with Arabic numerals. The ceramic bezel and the cloth bracelet are held black. The price of this model is in the range of €8,300 (2018).
- The Pilot's Watch Chronograph IW371705 is a model made entirely from stainless steel. The black dial has Arabic numerals and the case size is 42 mm. In good, pre-owned condition it costs €3,500 (2000).
- The reference IW387812 is a particularly rare model with a silver dial with Arabic numerals. The 43 mm case is made of stainless steel and the bracelet is made of leather.
- The IWC Pilot's Watch Chronograph IW370603 is a model with a 39 mm stainless steel case. The black leather strap comes in an elegant crocodile design. The dial is black and provided with Arabic numerals.
The history of the collection
IWC Schaffhausen – this brand is a synonym for quality and elegance. It brings together lovers of sophisticated watchmaking and is looking back on nearly 150 years of rich history. From robust everyday watches and functional sports watches to the finest and most complex Haute Horology creations, IWC releases exciting models every year.
The first IWC pilot's watch
was made in 1936 for civil aviation. In 1949 IWC presented the Mark 11, which was worn from then on by the staff of the Royal Air Force. 40 years later, the aviation chronograph continued the tradition: in 1988 the predecessor of the Pilot's Watch Chronograph
was launched. Four years later, the brand's first double chronograph
continued its success story.
The unmistakable dial with its functional look gained icon status at that time and is up to today seen on all chronograph models of the house.
Other exciting IWC series
- The Portuguese Chronograph is the most coveted model in the Portuguese family, featuring a precision scale and recessed totalisers.
- The IWC Big Pilot's Watch is characterised by its large, hand-wound crown. It is based entirely on its historical predecessors: luminous hands and numerals. The iconic triangle at 12 o'clock was typical for the first pilot's watches.
- With the Da Vinci, IWC tied to the inventiveness of the well-known artist and established elements of his work in the design of the watch. Above all, the round shapes are considered iconic.
- The Aquatimer is the diver's watch of the house: Green and blue luminescent layers allow great readability even in the depths of the sea. In addition, the convenient IWC quick-change system makes it easy to change between stainless steel and rubber strap!
- The Porsche Design was born out of the unique cooperation of the brand with the car manufacturer and embodies what they have in common: technical innovation and elegant design.