Buy Rolex Day-Date watches pre-owned with certificate
Exclusively in gold or platinum: The Rolex President
Thanks to their lasting value, Rolex Day-Date watches
are a good long-term investment. In addition to Rolex Day-Date men's watches
, there are also unisex versions that nestle wonderfully against women's wrists. Pre-owned luxury watches from Rolex have been reselling for decades at good prices and are constantly increasing in value; this is especially true for vintage watches and special editions, but in the case of the Rolex Day-Date often also for series models in good condition. In this respect, it is worth buying a pre-owned Day-Date
If you have already found your favourite timepiece, there are different payment options. For example, you can simply pay by credit card or PayPal, or alternatively decide on financing
and adjust the payment period individually to your needs. Please visit our website for more information and our customer service will be happy to advise you. He will also be happy to give you information about all Day-Date watches and their prices, perhaps you can buy a bargain.
ROLEX DAY-DATE 18078
Interesting Day-Date models and prices at a glance
are available in different variants, which are distinguished by material, bezel and additional ornaments. As before, the Rolex Day-Date is only available in various precious metal variants
, some with precious stones and diamonds or elaborate dials.
- The Day-Date 1803 is the epitome of the series: The President bracelet and case are made of yellow gold, the dial is champagne-coloured and equipped with golden stick indexes. You can buy a pre-owned model from a price of €10,900.
- The Day-Date 18038 is one of the classic models in the series. Case and President bracelet are made of yellow gold, the fluted bezel is also golden and the dial comes with Roman numerals. The watch is also available with a leather strap. Pre-owned models of the Day-Date 18038 cost around €7,900.
- The Day-Date 118238 is an exclusive model whose 36 mm case and President bracelet are made of yellow gold. The watch is fitted with the calibre 3155 and features a fluted bezel and precious Roman numerals in gold. The price of this model is about €18,000.
- The Day-Date 118235 is an Everose model with a brown dial. It has a rose gold fluted bezel and stick indices on the dial.
The story of the Day-Date
Introduced in 1956, the Day-Date series
combines classic Rolex design with a novel twist: As the name implies, it is the first wristwatch to combine a date and weekday display
on the dial. In addition to the iconic date window with cyclops magnifying glass at 3 o'clock, it is also equipped with a window for the day of the week at 12 o'clock, which is available in 26 languages and is still used today as a recognition feature of Day-Date watches. As part of the Oyster Perpetual series, it is equipped with the Rolex-typical Oyster case, which protects the movement from environmental factors such as dust and water, and is one of the brand's great innovations of excellence. Also in the material selection, Rolex has set on exclusivity; the Day-Date is exclusively available in 18k gold or platinum
ROLEX DAY-DATE 228238
At the same time, the President bracelet
was introduced. Provided with three rows of semicircular elements, it underlines its high-quality and elegant design. Initially, the President bracelet was only available on the Day-Date and came with the famous Crown clasp. Today the bracelet can be found on some other Rolex watches as well, but this is more of an exception or due to the explicit request of the owner.
Over the years, the inner design of the series has been revised over and over again, but it remained true to its original appearance and thus still has a high recognition value. The first wristwatch with the reference 6511 was equipped with the calibre 1030, which led to a decline in the precision values during the date change. As early as 1957, the series with the calibre 1055 received a new movement, which gave the watch the lettering on the dial "Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified" and solved the problem. It was also one of the first series in which scratch-resistant sapphire glass replaced the previously used plastic glass in the 1970s. Shortly thereafter followed, at the end of the 1970s, the conversion to the movement with an instant date change. Since then, day and date can be changed much faster and easier with the Quick Set complication. Visually, little has changed, the case has been minimally flattened by changing movements, its diameter has changed, but the iconic appearance of the watch has remained unchanged over the last few decades. The original model has a corrugated bezel, which kept the watch for decades. Only in 2001, various models were also presented with a cambered bezel.
The latest generation of the Day-Date
was presented at Baselworld 2015: Its case has a diameter of 40 mm
and is equipped with the new 3255 calibre. The watch is available with a number of special dials, which were made exclusively in elaborate laser technology for the Day-Date 40. In 2016, another model in Everose with a green dial and green alligator leather strap was added. Incidentally, the Rolex Day-Date is equally popular with male and female audiences alike. Slender wrists are advised to choose the smaller Day-Date 36
The Rolex President alongside great personalities
Whether the watch has its nickname thank to its President bracelet
, or if the name is more a result of the preference of high-level U.S. politicians for the series emerges, is unclear. What is certain, however, was that it was equally popular with presidents and influential men of history. With a Rolex Day-Date on your wrist
, you are in good company.
Its fans include greats such as Warren Buffett, Pope John Paul II and the Dalai Lama. Fidel Castro wore a combination of Day-Date and Submariner in the famous photographs with the two watches on his left arm. Also, U.S. Presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower, Lyndon B. Johnson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and John F. Kennedy were known to have Day-Dates. For the latter, the legend that he should have received his model from Marilyn Monroe for the 45th birthday, engraved with the engraving "Jack, with love as always from Marilyn, May 29th, 1962.". He said to have given the watch to an employee to protect his reputation. A copy with just this engraving was auctioned in 2005 for $ 120,000. However, there are no official confirmations for the story, and there are many doubts as to whether this is a well-staged fake. In Hollywood, the Day-Date has already made some appearances: In Rain Man (1988) can be seen a golden model on the wrist of Tom Cruise. Also in Goodfellas (1990) is one of the iconic Rolex watches to see. Director of the film was Martin Scorsese, also a self-confessed Day-Date lover, who co-wrote the cinema world with films like The Color of Money (1986), Gangs of New York (2002) and The Departed (2006).
Other exciting Rolex series
- The GMT-Master II is the perfect watch for frequent travellers. With its rotatable 24 hour bezel, the wearer can easily keep an eye on two time zones without having to adjust the watch.
- The Daytona was not very popular at first and only got the attention it deserves by appearing on the wrist of actor Paul Newman. Today, it is a true icon in the industry and an ideal companion for any kind of occasion.
- The Datejust is the epitome of the classic Rolex watch. It convinces with simple yet elegant design, and offers watches for men and women.
- The Milgauss is the watch of researchers and scientists. It can easily withstand magnetic fields of up to 1,000 Gauss and stands out optically from Rolex's other series because of its green sapphire crystal and the orange lightning-shaped second hand.
- The Air-King is an ideal entry-level model. It brings Rolex's excellent quality and classic design into the lower luxury price segment. Originally developed for British fighter pilots, it now also belongs to the most popular Rolex models.