Buy used, vintage Omega Globemaster watches
By placing an Omega Globemaster
on your wrist, you are not only displaying an appreciation for decades of tradition, but also investing in innovation and prestige. This reissue released in 2015
draws its design from the first series of Globemaster Constellation watches and retains the elegance of the early models in spirit. When you purchase an Omega Globemaster
, you get a dress watch par excellence, equipped with the brand's most technically sophisticated mechanical movements, which is certified as a Master Chronometer.
Affordable online financing
If you would like to have a model from this beguiling collection as your own, then have a look at our collection of pre-owned Globemaster watches
and add the desired model to your virtual shopping cart. During the order process, you can opt for the usual payment methods, such as credit card, bank transfer or PayPal, or alternatively select a convenient financing plan
offered by one of our partners. Once your order is complete, your Globemaster will soon be on its way. Have any questions about the watch, payment options or financing? Our customer service would be happy to help and provide you with advice.
The dress watch with Omega's most advanced movement
The Omega Globemaster is a true classic visually and suitable as a unisex watch
for both men and women. Featuring a 39 mm or 41 mm case
and a straightforward dial design, a number of details on the modern Globemaster remind us of its close relationship to the Constellation collection
. The fine details are the prominent star on the dial, the fonts, the fluted bezel and the stylized observatory on the case back.
The "heart" of a Constellation Globemaster watch can be admired through a transparent crystal on the back of the case. The impressive Co-Axial Calibre 8900
comes with certification as a Master Chronometer
by the Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS) and is designed as a three-hand movement with date window at 6 o'clock and, depending on the model, with a circumferential month indicator. But that's not all: this collection's models are resistant to magnetic fields of up to 15,000 gauss
and water-resistant to 100 metres
. This classic dress watch holds pace with most robust tool watches, but relies on subtle understatement. You can find the Globemaster
available for sale in steel
, a variety of gold tones
. Additionally, it always comes with stick indices and is fitted to a comfortable leather or metal bracelet.
Notable models of the Omega Globemaster and their prices
The following is an overview of the collection. Let's take a look at a few Globemaster models and their prices
on the pre-owned market in more detail.
- The Globemaster (Ref. 18.104.22.168.03.001) comes with a 39 mm stainless steel case, blue dial and matching, blue leather strap. Powered by the Co-Axial Master Chronometer Calibre 8900, this model is equipped with a date window at 6 o'clock and costs around €5,000 pre-owned.
- The Constellation Globemaster (Ref. 22.214.171.124.02.001) is equally elegant. With its 39 mm stainless steel case, fluted steel bezel and white dial, this model features a grey alligator leather strap. Thanks to its lugs and white dial, this model appears surprisingly large and accordingly cuts a fine figure on people with larger wrists. This used Globemaster can be bought for around €5,000.
- If you would like a colourful timepiece, a Globemaster model with a rose gold bezel like the reference 126.96.36.199.03.001 might be more appealing. This watch comes with a 39 mm steel case, fluted rose gold bezel and blue dial. With its matching rose gold hands and indices as well as a blue alligator leather strap, this model has an asking price of at least €6,400 on the pre-owned market, but is guaranteed to make a great impression.
- Alternatively, the Globemaster is offered on a metal bracelet made of steel and rose gold. Other than this, the reference 188.8.131.52.03.001 is quite similar to the preceding model and comes equipped with a blue dial and Calibre 8900. This watch can be yours for about €8,500.
- Featuring a brown leather strap, silver dial and 39 mm case in rose gold, the Globemaster (Ref. 184.108.40.206.02.001) is somewhat more glamorous. With its luminescent hands and stick indices, this model fetches a price of at least €12,000, but offers state-of-the-art technology housed in 18-karat gold in return.
- Are you interested in something sportier? The Globemaster (Ref. 220.127.116.11.02.001) delivers a blend of elegance and sportiness on your wrist with a robust stainless steel case and matching metal bracelet. A silver dial with dark grey hands and indices round out the watch's look, making it a true everyday companion that pairs well with both jeans and a suit. Be prepared for a used price of at least €5,000 for timepieces from this reference.
- Starting at a price of around €5,300, you can add another premium complication with the Globemaster Annual Calendar (Ref. 18.104.22.168.06.001). In addition to the date window at 6 o'clock and the standard magnetic resistance of up to 15,000 gauss, this stainless steel model features a circumferential annual calendar. Thanks to its additional hand, the Constellation Globemaster Annual Calendar can display both the respective day as well as the current month.
The first Master Chronometer in the world
Designed in 1952 by René Bannwart as the first mass-produced chronometer
, the Globemaster was initially known under this name exclusively in the USA, whereas it was marketed in the rest of the world as the "Constellation". Starting in 1956, the Omega Globemaster
began to be marketed in the US under the name Constellation, since the aircraft manufacturer "Douglas Aircraft" already owned the naming rights for the "Globemaster". Eventually, Omega bought back the naming rights and relaunched the Globemaster later in 2015.
The classic timepieces' 39 mm or 41 mm cases conceal a technical masterpiece: after METAS unveiled a new certification process for watches in 2014, the Globemaster was the first watch to receive METAS certification as a Master Chronometer
using the new procedure for testing. As the flagship model of a mechanical dress watch, the Constellation Globemaster preserves tradition in an increasingly fast-paced world.
Fantastic watches and where to find them
Eddie Redmayne, who is best known for his roles as Stephen Hawking in "The Discovery of Infinity" and Newt Scamander in the film series "Fantastic Beasts", moves like a pro both on the silver screen and on the red carpet. As a brand ambassador for Omega
, he embodies the brand's subtle understatement more skillfully than almost any other celebrity and enjoys wearing the Swiss manufacturer's elegant timepieces. In fact, Redmayne has shown a particular penchant for the Globemaster and wears models like the Globemaster Annual Calendar (Ref. 22.214.171.124.06.001)
. The collection and the British actor pair exceptionally well as if they were designed for one another. Whether in white or rose gold, the models' classic contours make them a perfect match for Redmayne's style.
However, the Brit is not the only celebrity who expresses his appreciation as a fan of this series. English celebrity chef Marcus Wareing is also an enthusiastic owner of the Constellation Globemaster
Other popular collections by Omega
- If water is your element, be sure to take a look at the Seamaster Planet Ocean 600 M. Omega has exceeded most expectations with this wristwatch, offering a highly functional and precise diver's watch that can always be relied upon. The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600 M boasts a rugged exterior with sophisticated inner workings.
- The Speedmaster Moonwatch Chronograph is best known for its role in the race to the moon: as an important instrument on astronaut Buzz Aldrin's wrist, it was the first wristwatch to venture onto the moon. To this day, these sporty stainless steel chronographs enjoy immense popularity.
- An Omega De Ville offers conservative stylishness. Sheer elegance and perfection achieved over decades make the De Ville one of the most sophisticated dress watches on the market. Unobtrusive design with elaborate complications make these wristwatches reliable everyday companions.