Buy Breitling Chronomat 44 watches new, pre-owned with certificate & vintage
Finance your Chronomat 44 watch
The purchase of a certified, second-hand luxury watch is worthwhile. A pre-owned Breitling Chronomat 44
is not only cheaper
compared to a new watch, it can also prove to be a promising investment. Wristwatches from major brands such as Rolex, Omega and Breitling often gain in value over the years. The price development of popular models can be traced on the internet.
In Watchmaster’s online shop you will always find a variety of exciting Chronomat 44 models
which you can pay for either directly by credit card, PayPal, and bank transfer, or alternatively finance
comfortably over a longer period. The payment in instalments is particularly suitable for large purchases, as you can plan your investment individually. Define the down payment amount and the instalment duration yourself and do not hesitate to contact our competent customer service if you are in search of answers. No matter how you choose, your new watch could be on your wrist in just a few days!
Characteristics of the collection
The obvious detail is already in the name of the Breitling Chronomat 44
- the case diameter of 44 mm
. However, the watch can not yet be identified with it, characteristic features such as the uni-directional rotating bezel with the physically noticeable four riders or the cambered, anti-reflective sapphire crystal characterize the Breitling Chronomat 44. The housing is made of steel or, depending on the version, a combination of steel and gold. It is 17 mm high. The case back is bolted just like the crown, which is additionally protected with two seals against penetrating water. This results in a water resistance of up to 50 bar
. On the bezel, in addition to the already mentioned riders, you will find a scale in five steps as well as the obligatory glow point for reading the dive time.
Inside the watch is the COSC certified calibre Breitling B01
, which is a self-winding mechanical movement with a power reserve of up to 70 hours. On the dial there are sub-dials at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock to display quarter seconds, 30 minutes and 24 hours. Between four and five o'clock a window is inserted for the date. Without a wristband, the Breitling Chronomat 44
weighs less than 130 grams
Chronomat 44 models and prices
- The Chronomat B01 Chronograph 44 (Ref. AB0115101C1A1) costs €8,150 new. The case of the watch is made of satin-finished steel, the dial is maritime blue with black chronograph displays. The hands and hour markers are coated with luminescent material. Second-hand, the model costs around €5,850.
- A similar model, the Chronomat 44 (Ref. AB011012.C789.375A), is offered second-hand for about 4,590 €.
- A comparable model, the Chronomat 44 (Ref. AB011010) from 2014, can be found second-hand including box and original papers for about €4,600.
- The Chronomat 44 (Ref. CB0110121B1P1) is different. The case is again made of steel, but the bezel, pushers and crown shine in gold. On the black dial, the three onyx subdials stand out clearly, as do the hands and indices, which are also in gold. A black leather strap completes the look perfectly, and the watch will cost you €9,880 new.
- A similar model to the aforementioned Ref. CB0110121B1P1 is the Chronomat 44 (Ref. CB0110). It costs about €5,770 second-hand and comes with a rubber strap and original box and papers.
- The highest-priced model in the series is the Breitling Chronomat 44 (Ref. CB0110121C1C1), which costs €12,630 new. It differs from the previous watch in the colour of the dial (blue), and the bracelet on this model is a two-tone pilot's bracelet in steel and gold. Second-hand, it costs about €9,500 in good condition.
Where does the watch model come from?
The history of the Breitling Chronomat 44
begins with the introduction of the Breitling Chronomat in 1942. It is still regarded as a famous classic and leading model of Breitling’s collection. Today, the Chronomat is one of the best-selling models from the Grenchener watch manufacturer - and there’s still no end of the success story to be seen. The Chronomat 44 is just one of the many reinterpretations
of the original Chronomat. Officially certified by the Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres (COSC), the Chronomat stands symbolically for performance, precision and overcoming the comfort zone.
Due to the water resistance of up to 50 bar
, the Chronomat 44 can certainly pass as a full diver's watch
. What is amazing, because the original Chronomat is a pilot's watch
, figuratively spoken it was designed exactly for the opposite use. But even in the air, the Chronomat 44 makes an excellent figure, its powerful and unique style provides instrumental added value for airmen. The extensive selection of bracelets and dials
ensures that there is something for every taste.
The Breitling Chronomat 44
thus manages the balancing act between pilot's watch and diver's watch
- the ideal companion for all those who call themselves adventurers and like to take on new challenges.
Other interesting series from Breitling
- The Breitling Avenger series is particularly robust. It was designed for professional use. In 2013, the new generation with the Avenger II Seawolf and Avenger II GMT were presented, models of the series can be found at any time in the online shop of Watchmaster.
- The Colt is a perfect entry-level model. Originally developed for military use, it still has the masculine look and striking design offered at a fair price. It is available as Colt Quartz, Colt Automatic, Colt Lady, Colt Oceane and Colt Chronograph.
- With the Breitling SuperOcean, the company offers us a classic diver's watch, which comes with a high waterproofness. With its unidirectional rotating bezel, it is the perfect companion underwater. Thanks to its appealing look, it can also be worn very well for any other occasion.
- The Breitling Navitimer is the icon among the pilot's watches. Its characteristic slide rule bezel helped to a high recognition value and also helped to gain a tremendous fan base outside aviation circles.